Monday, May 4, 2009

No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency star Jill Scott gives birth to baby boy

Jill Scott, star of The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency, has given birth to her first child.
The American actress and soul singer welcomed son Jett Hamilton Roberts on Monday Apr 20, 2009 and weighed 7 lbs., 8 oz. The boy's father is Jill's fiancé, drummer Lil John Roberts.
Jill has revealed that she has had 'reproduction issues' over the course of her life, and during her first marriage to graphic artist Lyzel Williams was unable to conceive.

The 37-year-old told People magazine: 'I was married for five years and could never conceive a child. Until now ... It's the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me.'
Jill plays Mma Ramotswe in The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency, the BBC drama based on the novels by Alexander McCall Smith.
The actress, who has also won three Grammy awards for her singing and songwriting, found out she was pregnant on the day she was due to leave for Botswana to film the show.

She told the magazine: 'At one point I was trying to gain weight for the role, and I noticed I had put on 7 lbs in seven days. And I thought, my god! What's going on here? I thought something was wrong with me.'
She spent the first trimester of her pregnancy in Africa, a period she described as 'one of the biggest challenges of my life.'
'You're sick every morning. It was seven hours time difference, the heat, the bugs, the 14 hour days,' she said.
Despite the difficulties, she carried on filming through her pregnancy, with the clearance of doctors.
She announced her engagement to Lil John Roberts while performing at Carnegie Hall in New York last June.





No comments:

Post a Comment